Home » Harbor Operations » Fish Off-Loading Regulations
Fish Off-Loading Regulations
As per Port District Ordinance Section 225, and in an effort to support and maintain a qualified resident commercial fish buyer, the following permit is in effect beginning March 1, 2003.
- All outside buyers will be required to off-load their catch through the resident buyer.
- Resident fish buyer shall be responsible for all California Fish and Game reports.
- Price for outside buyers to off-load will be established annually by joint agreement between the resident fish buyer and Commercial Fishermen’s Marketing Association, and subsequently approved by the Port Director. The resident buyer may impose additional fees for specific services and species.
- Established price for outside buyers to off-load their catch shall range from 10¢ - 15¢/lb (depending on the species), payable to the resident buyer.
- The resident buyer will be available to off-load product during the following hours: Season = commercial salmon, albacore, and crab: 7am – 7pm Mon-Sat
- The resident buyer agrees that should personnel not be available to off-load fish within two hours, during posted hours, the seller may off-load product and the fee will be paid to and collected by the Port District personnel.
- Santa Cruz Harbor-based fishermen (holding a regular slip licensee agreement) may, without charge, use the public hoist to unload their own catch into their own vehicles.
- No outside buyers may use Santa Cruz Harbor docks, parking areas, or off-loading piers or hoists without making prior arrangements with the resident buyer.
For off-loading, please contact:
H & H Fresh Fish
493 Lake Avenue
Santa Cruz, CA 95062